Why Support CHS
Cathedral High School is a Catholic, urban, and coeducational college preparatory school committed to excellence and social justice. Within an environment that encourages our scholars to reach their full potential, Cathedral students are expected to make lasting and powerful impacts in their local, national and global communities. Our mission, since our establishment in 1926, is to deliver a rigorous and holistic education that is available for all families, regardless of ability to pay. Rooted in Gospel values that include compassion, respect and service, we embrace the rich diversity of our community and foster a culture of inclusion, opportunity, acceptance and empowerment.
Hear from our alumni how your support of a Cathedral education impacts their lives:
Who are our current Cathedral scholars?
We serve more than 300 students, of whom:
- 100% receive philanthropy-based financial assistance.
- 88% qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
- 60% come from single parent homes.
- 45% come from homes where English is not the primary language spoken at home.
- 100% of our seniors have graduated high school for nearly 20 consecutive years.
- 100% of our seniors have been accepted to college for nearly 20 consecutive years.
- 98% of Cathedral students stay at Cathedral throughout their academic careers.
- 100% students participate in community service and extended learning programs including mock trial, music, tutoring, and more.
- CHS athletic teams have won multiple division and state championships in recent years.