Why Support CHS
Cathedral 7-12 High School is a philanthropy-based, urban, independent, Catholic, college readiness school in Boston’s historic South End serving boys and girls of all faiths from grades 7 through 12.
Who are our current Cathedral scholars?
We serve more than 360 students, of whom:
- 100% receive philanthropy-based financial assistance.
- 88% qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
- 60% come from single parent homes.
- 45% come from homes where English is not the primary language spoken at home.
- 100% of our seniors have graduated high school for 13 consecutive years.
- 100% of our seniors have been accepted to college for 13 consecutive years.
- 92% of the Class of 2014 remain enrolled in college (the national average is 68%).
- 98% of Cathedral students stay at Cathedral throughout their academic careers.
- Since 2013, Cathedral’s enrollment has increased 46%, going from 252 to 367 students.
- 100% students participate in community service and extended learning programs including mock trial, music, tutoring, and others.
- Athletics teams have won multiple division and state championships in the past years.
Hear from our alumni how your support of a Cathedral education impacts their lives: