Financial Literacy Programming
Being financially literate is more important than ever. Cathedral’s Financial Literacy offerings help our students become Life Ready. These offerings include:
- – Financial Literacy elective course
- – Financial Literacy Mentor program
- – Financial Literacy program for all Juniors and Seniors
- – The Benjamin Project program – where students are given real money in order to learn about spending and saving habits
- – Internship opportunities in the world of Finance with Fidelity Investments
Spotlight on: Financial Literacy Day 2023
Juniors and Seniors participated in Financial Literacy Day co-led by Board of Trustee, Jay Allen, and colleague, Liz Robinson. The day consisted of learning about college financing, budgeting 101, what the stock market is, and the how and whys of credit cards! Cathedral students gained valuable insights throughout the day, preparing them with real life financial scenarios to think about and learn from.
A group of 30+ professionals from the finance world volunteered their time to meet with our students over lunch and answer any questions they had about finances.