Why Choose Cathedral?
Choosing a middle or high school is a difficult process. We understand how significant your decision is and what a difference the choice can make in a student’s life. We let our students do the talking on why Cathedral was the right choice of school of them:
Here are just some additional reasons Cathedral 7-12 High School is the right choice.
A Rigorous College Preparatory Education
- Small class sizes allow students to better engage with teachers and classmates making learning more dynamic. Cathedral students enjoy a 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 14.
- Cathedral is committed to preparing scholars for college and beyond starting right away in the 7th grade. Our rigorous curriculum includes strong preparation for lower grades while students in upper grades attend college preparation classes as a part of their required courses.
- Cathedral follows a personalized learning approach paired with a STEAM-based, applied learning curriculum.
- Honors and AP course offerings along with a wide variety of electives allow Cathedral students to challenge themselves academically.
Preparation for Your Future
- An education from Cathedral 7-12 High School opens doors.
- 100% of Cathedral seniors earn a high school diploma (for 16 consecutive years)
- 100% of Cathedral seniors are accepted to college (for 16 consecutive years)
- Businesses in the community partner with Cathedral to offer summer paid internships to juniors and seniors. On average, 45 Cathedral juniors and seniors participate in internships each year.
- Our college guidance program provides regular check-ins, support, and resources to our graduates all the way through college completion.
- Our alumni network is strong. Cathedral hosts frequent young alumni receptions and other alumni events to give our community of students, recent graduates, and more experienced alumni the change to network and connect.
A Real Community
- Cathedral students and staff make a safe, nurturing, and welcoming community.
- Students participate actively in a variety of clubs and activities as well as sports. After-school sports games are well attended by our strong community of students.
- Opportunities for parent involvement though Parent Council and a Director of School Culture and Family Engagement.
- Cathedral is able to offer a high-quality, independent, private, Catholic education with a substantial financial aid package for every student due to the generosity of our trustees and benefactors.
- Students are not turned away due to financial need.