How to Apply
Cathedral 7-12 High School welcomes applications for admission from students across the City of Boston and the Greater Boston area. Cathedral is the only co-educational Catholic high school in the city of Boston serving students from grade 7 to 12. We look for well-rounded scholars who are serious about their educational growth.
2021-2022 Application Steps
To start your admissions application for the 2021-2022 School Year at Cathedral, please follow the steps outlined below. There is no application fee.
- Apply: The first step is to submit a complete admissions application online. There is no application fee.
- Submit Transcripts and Scores: Using the School Records and Discipline Records Release Forms linked below, ask your current school to submit transcript information for two years. Transcript information includes: previous grade final average and most current grades, attendance (absent & tardy), standardized test/MCAS scores, completed CHS School Records and Discipline forms, and if applicable, the student’s Individualized Education Plan/504 Plan.
School Records Release Form
Discipline Records Release Form
- Applicants to Grade 9: Take the HSPT: Only students applying for grade 9 must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT). The test will be scheduled with the student once an admissions application is received.
- Apply for Financial Aid: All applicants are required to apply for financial aid via FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Apply online at: Financial Aid & Grants Assessment via FACTS: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3GGXQ. The FACTS Assessment must be completed before an admissions decision can be made.
- Interview: Admission interviews will be conducted with the Admissions Team beginning in January and will continue as necessary.
Deadlines & Decisions
Applications for grades 7 through 11 are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. Decision letters, including financial aid award, will begin to be mailed during the first week of February 2020. Subsequent admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis after the first week of February based upon any remaining available seats.
Questions? We’re here to help
If you have questions about the admissions process, how to apply, or would prefer a paper application packet mailed to you, please contact Maryum Reed, Director of Admissions, at (617) 542-2325 extension 312 or email@example.com.
The admissions office treats applicants as individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, or sexual orientation.