How to Apply
Cathedral 7-12 High School welcomes applications for admission from students across the City of Boston and the Greater Boston area. Cathedral is the only co-educational Catholic high school in the city of Boston serving students from grade 7 to 12. We look for well-rounded scholars who are serious about their educational growth.
To start your admissions application at Cathedral, please follow the steps outlined below. There is no application fee.
- Apply: Submit an admissions application. There is no application fee.
Admissions Application Form
- Submit Transcripts and Scores: Using the release forms linked below, submit a complete application. Using the School Records and Discipline Records Release Forms, ask your current school to submit transcript information for two years, including: grades, a recommendation, discipline record, standardized test/MCAS scores, attendance record, and if applicable the student’s Individualized Education Plan/504 Plan.
School Records Release Form
Discipline Records Release Form
- Take the HSPT for 9th Grade Applicants: Students applying for grade 9 also take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) which will be administered at Cathedral on Saturday, November 17, 2018 and Saturday, December 1, 2018. Please visit http://boston.stsusers.com for information regarding the HSPT, how to register, cost of the test, and additional dates and locations for the test.
- Apply for Financial Aid: All applicants are required to apply for financial aid via FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment by Friday, January 18, 2019. Apply online at: Financial Aid & Grants Assessment via FACTS
- Interview: Admission interviews will be conducted from January through March 2019. Candidates and their parent/guardian will interview with the Director of Admissions.
Deadlines & Decisions
Priority admissions application deadline is Friday, December 28, 2018. Decision letters including financial aid award will be mailed during the first week of February 2019. Subsequent admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis after the first week of February based upon available seats.
If you have questions on admissions, how to apply, or would prefer a paper application packet mailed to you, please contact our admissions office at (617) 542-2325 ext 312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The admissions office treats applicants as individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, or sexual orientation.