How to Apply
Cathedral 7-12 High School welcomes applications for admission from students across the City of Boston and the Greater Boston area. Cathedral is the only co-educational Catholic high school in the city of Boston serving students from grade 7 to 12. We look for well-rounded scholars who are serious about their educational growth.
To start your admissions application at Cathedral, please follow the steps outlined below. There is no application fee.
- Apply: The first step is to submit a complete admissions application online. There is no application fee.
- Submit Transcripts and Scores: Using the School Records and Discipline Records Release Forms linked below, ask your current school to submit transcript information for two years. Transcript information includes: previous grade final average and most current grades, attendance (absent & tardy), standardized test/MCAS scores, completed CHS School Records and Discipline forms, and if applicable, the student’s Individualized Education Plan/504 Plan.
School Records Release Form
Discipline Records Release Form
- Applicants to Grade 9: Take the HSPT: Only students applying for grade 9 must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT). The test will be scheduled with the student once an admissions application is received.
- Apply for Financial Aid: All applicants are required to apply for financial aid via FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Apply online at: Financial Aid & Grants Assessment via FACTS: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3GGXQ. The FACTS Assessment must be completed before an admissions decision can be made.
- Interview: Admission interviews will be conducted with the Admissions Team beginning in January and will continue as necessary.
Deadlines & Decisions
Applications for grades 7 through 11 are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. Decision letters, including financial aid award, will begin to be mailed during the first week of February 2020. Subsequent admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis after the first week of February based upon any remaining available seats.
If you have questions about admissions, how to apply, or would prefer a paper application packet mailed to you, please contact our admissions office at (617) 542-2325 extension 312 or email@example.com.
The admissions office treats applicants as individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, or sexual orientation.