How to Apply
Cathedral 7-12 High School welcomes applications for admission from students across the City of Boston and the Greater Boston area. Cathedral is the only co-educational Catholic high school in the city of Boston serving students from grade 7 to 12. We look for well-rounded scholars who are serious about their educational growth.
2021-2022 Application Steps
To start your admissions application for the 2021-2022 School Year at Cathedral, please follow the steps outlined below. There is no application fee.
- Apply: The first step is to submit a complete admissions application online. There is no application fee. Upon submitting your application, we will contact you to begin the next steps in your admissions process.
- Submit Transcripts and Scores: Sign the CHS School Records Release and share with your current school. This release requests them to send us the last two years of student data, including: academic transcripts, attendance (absent & tardy), standardized test/MCAS scores, and if applicable, the student’s Individualized Education Plan/504 Plan.
- Applicants to Grade 9: Take the HSPT: Only students applying for grade 9 must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) or an approved alternative test including the MAP, MCAS, or NWAE.
- Submit a Recommendation: Submit a recommendation from at least one teacher or administrator familiar with the student. You may download and provide your recommender with the CHS Admissions Recommendation Form .
- Apply for Financial Aid: All applicants are required to apply for financial aid via FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Apply online at: Financial Aid & Grants Assessment via FACTS: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3GGXQ.
- Interview: An interview will be scheduled for each applicant with the Admissions Team.
Deadlines & Decisions
Admission decisions are being made on a rolling basis based upon remaining available seats. We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
Questions? We’re here to help
If you have questions about the admissions process, how to apply, or would prefer a paper application packet mailed to you, please contact Maryum Reed, Director of Admissions, at (617) 542-2325 extension 312 or email@example.com.
The admissions office treats applicants as individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, or sexual orientation.