Terms of Service
1. Acceptance of the Terms of Service
Cathedral High School, Inc. owns this website at http://www.cathedralhighschool.net (“Website”) which provides a website, online services, and information to you subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which may be updated from time to time without notice. You can review the most current version of the TOS any time at: http://cathedralhighschool.net/terms-of-service/. In addition, when using any particular Cathedral High School-owned or -operated services, you and Cathedral High School shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be modified from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
2. Description of Service
Cathedral High School provides users with access to information about the school and its staff and students as well as tools to communicate with the school, make donations, register for events, submit inquiries and requests for information, and initiate an application for student admission which may be accessed through any medium or device now known or hereafter developed (the “Website”).Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or content that augment or enhance the current Website, including the release of new pages or tools, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Website is provided “AS-IS” and that Cathedral High School assumed no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to store any user communications, form submissions, or requests. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Website, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet Service Provider or airtime or cellular data charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Website.
4. User Conduct
You understand that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Content”), are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Cathedral High School, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise submit on or through the Website. Cathedral High School does not control the Content transmitted via the Website and as such cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will Cathedral High School be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Website.
You agree to not use the Website to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Website;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials; in no event is junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial solicitation allowed;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of information or submit more than a reasonable number of submissions, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects the staff’s ability to receive, process, or response to Content transmitted via the Website;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law; and/or
- harass the school, a staff member, student, or any other person;
You acknowledge, consent, and agree that Cathedral High School may access, preserve and disclose your information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with the law; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Cathedral High School, its trustees, employees, students, vendors, donors, alumni, and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Website, including your Content, may involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You understand that the Website and software embodied within the Website may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Cathedral High School and/or content providers who provide content to the Website. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Website. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution, or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Website, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
You agree to indemnify and hold Cathedral High School and its trustees, employees, agents, partners, vendors, students, donors, licensors, the Archdiocese of Boston, and the Adopt-a-Student Foundation harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Website, your use of the Website, your connection to the Website, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
The Website may provide links (also known as hyperlinks) or references to other websites or resources. Because Cathedral High School has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Cathedral High School is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Cathedral High School shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CATHEDRAL HIGH SCHOOL, AND ITS TRUSTEES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- CATHEDRAL HIGH SCHOOL AND ITS TRUSTEES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AND LICENSORS, MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OR CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CATHEDRAL HIGH SCHOOL OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
8. Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CATHEDRAL HIGH SCHOOL, AND ITS TRUSTEES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH LOSSES ARE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE OR CATHEDRAL HIGH SCHOOL HAS ACTUAL NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE.
9. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Trademark Information and Notice
All logos, product, and service names related to these TOS are trademarks of Cathedral High School (“Cathedral Trademarks”). The Cathedral Trademarks include but are not limited to the Cathedral High School logo, logotext, name, and servicemarks such as “Teaching Values. Building Leaders.” Without Cathedral High School’s prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Cathedral Trademarks.
11. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright, Trademark, or Intellectual Property Infringement
Cathedral High School respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Cathedral High School the following information in a writing signed (either physically or digitally) by the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest or a person authorized to act on his or her behalf:
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
You may give the above notice to Cathedral High School:
74 Union Park Street
Boston, MA 02118
12. Additional Terms of Service
Entire Agreement. The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and Cathedral High School and governs your use of the Website, superseding any prior agreements between you and Cathedral High School with respect to the Website.
Choice of Law and Forum. The TOS and the relationship between you and Cathedral High School shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to any principles of conflicts of law. You and Cathedral High School agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts sitting in and for Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of Cathedral High School to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Section Titles. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
13. Reporting Violations of the Terms of Service
Please report any violations of the TOS to email@example.com.