Athletics Hall of Fame
The Cathedral High School Athletics Hall of Fame was established in 2011 to honor those who excelled in athletics, both during and after their years at CHS. Inductions are held every two years and are voted on by a committee of alumni.
Nominations Open for the 2017 Hall of Fame
In preparation for the 2017 Hall of Fame induction, the school is now accepting nominations. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- • Only CHS alumni are eligible to submit nominations
• Only CHS alumni are eligible to be nominated
• Nominees should have had a significant impact on Cathedral athletics
• Nominees should have excelled in athletics after graduation
• After graduation, nominees must have continuously demonstrated school core values
To Submit a Hall of Fame Nomination
Email all nominations to Larry L. Merritt ’91, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, October 2, 2017.
Each nomination email must include:
- • Your name and CHS class year, as the nominator
• The name and CHS class year of your nominee
• A narrative describing why you feel your nominee should be selected for induction into the CHS Athletics Hall of Fame. Please include high school, college and professional athletic accomplishments.
Nominees will be notified of their selection no later than October 13, 2017.
Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
The inductees will be honored at the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in November 2017. More details will be released in October 2017 regarding the Class of 2017 HOF Induction.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Larry L. Merritt ’91, Director of Athletics, at email@example.com or at 617-542-2325, extension 413.
Current Hall of Fame Members
Charles M. Daley ’54
John Remondi ’54
Bernard O’Shaughnessey ’57
Brian Leahy ’62
George Moore ’74
Valerie Carrington ’76
Carnell Suttles ’76
Larry Washington ’76
Doreen Matta Bargoot ’78
Sr. Mary Black, CSJ
Mary Ellen Jennings
James Linehan ’47
John Blaney ’54
Michael Driscoll ’64
Thomas Moran ’70
Deborah Alkins ’78
Norman Lowe ’78
Michelle “Ice” Edwards ’84
John Fleming ’58
Leonard Washington ’77
William Baxter ’78
Kenneth Pires ’88
Paul Francisco ’89
Andreen Gilpin ’98